LPA Spring Meeting
May 6-7, 2014
Upcoming speakers include small business owner, columnist, author, and CPA, Gene Marks will present and discuss: Opportunities and Growth: Economic, Political, and Tech Trends That Will Affect Your Business Tomorrow
- How will health care reform affect your company and employees? Gene will explain what you need to know. What changes will be coming over the next few years? And what you need to do now to prepare.
- Which economic metrics are most important for you to watch? Gene will explain why this index and other metrics are important to keep a close eye on.
- What actions by the Federal Reserve could cause higher inflation and interest rates in the months ahead? What are some ways your business can take advantage and profit from inflation and higher rates?
- Why every business needs a mobile website and mobile strategy. Heard of DudaMobile? Gene will teach you how to operate your business from your mobile device. Send invoices and get paid all from your mobile device.
- CRM or Customer Relationship Management. Another huge emerging trend, to stay close with your customers. Zoho, Insightly, GoldMine — all CRM companies that can help your business make more money.
- Did you know there was a 50% increase in sales of small businesses this year? Have you ever thought of selling your business and retiring to Hawaii? Gene Marks can explain how you can increase the value of your company and get it ready to be sold.
- Does your company do business internationally? Which countries are expected to grow in the next 5–10 years? Gene knows and will explain where the opportunities are internationally and how certain future technologies will impact your business.
Gene Marks Bio
Gene Marks is a columnist, author, and small business owner. Gene writes daily for The New York Times and weekly for Forbes, The Huffington Post, Inc Magazine, Entrepreneur.com, FOX Business, and Philadelphia Magazine. Gene has written 5 books on business management, specifically geared towards small and medium sized companies. His most recent is “The Manufacturer’s Book of Lists” (Create Space, 2013).
Nationally, Gene appears on MSNBC, FOX News, FOX Business, Bloomberg, and CNBC discussing matters affecting the business community. Through his keynotes and breakout sessions, Gene helps business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies so they can make profitable decisions.
Also presenting will be....
JW Wilson Presents: Transforming the Workplace through Neuroscience
Recent research reveals that our understanding of how to drive individuals to peak performance has been and still is misdirected. JW Wilson is Executive Director of The Advanced Learning Institute, an organization which researches, develops and implements science-based learning and behavioral programs. JW is also the author of the upcoming book "Cracking the Learning Code." He will show you how to use neuroscience to transform your work environment so individuals are more co-operative, innovative, and productive. "Cracking the Learning Code" is the culmination of over twenty-five years of scientific research into the basis for how to accelerate the speed of learning and the rate of behavioral change. Learn how to use the latest scientific research to create a dynamic, stress-free environment in which you and your company can thrive and grow.
JW Wilson Bio
JW Wilson is the Executive Director of The Advanced Learning Institute, an organization which researches, develops and implements scientific-based learning and behavioral change programs. JW has developed corporate training firms serving Fortune 500 clients such as IBM, John Deere, and AT&T. The ground breaking Learning Code research is now being used by organizations such as the country’s largest employer organization, and the group that does leadership training for NASA, the Defense Department and the United Nations.
Other presenters to date include Christy Bird of Frost & Sullivan, who will be presenting the LPA Mid-Year Market Report and KC Warawa, presenting the 2014 Lab Purchasing Trends Survey and new E-Commerce Survey. Watch your email for more details on the Spring Meeting in the coming weeks!
Join us at the Phillies vs. Blue Jays ball game at
Citizens Bank Park
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Register soon - space is limited!